Background Checks are required for all adults if staying at Camp Wawona during any Youth or Outdoor Education event where minors are on the premises. Background checks cost $30.00, and this must be paid upon arrival to Camp Wawona.
Please follow the following procedure:
1. Go to: shieldthevulnerable.org
2. If you've never done this training before, select "First Time Sign-Up"
4. For Organization, select "Seventh-day Adventist"
5. For Union Level, select "Pacific"
5. For Conference Level, select "Central California Conference"
6. If correct "Confirm"
7. Fill in your personal information, then click "next step"
8. For user type, select "Volunteer"
9. For Location Type, select "Camp"
10. Select "Wawona", then "Summer Camp"
11. For Primary Position/Dept, select "Camp Volunteer"
12. If you volunteer at a different location (another school, church, etc.) in Central California Conference, you may fill in that as well, then click "Next Step"
13. Check the boxes to confirm affiliations, then select "Accept", and click "Confirm Signup"
Once you are registered you may begin the course associated with this background check. The course will take about 1 1/2 hours to complete. After completing the course you must print out the certificate of completion and send it to our office.